Monday, December 20, 2010

A Relationship of Sorts

What is my definition in your world?
Whatever you shape as my life,
Whatever you consider appropriate
As the designs contributing to my fate
I shall willingly take as my own.

What is my place in your thoughts?
The sense that you attribute
And the senselessness you dislike
Are the windows through which I peer
Seeing the world as you see it.

What is my significance in your dreams?
The pleasures that you seek
And the pain that sets your heart on fire
Are the limits to my existence
Forging reality upon what is unreal.

What is my situation in your life?
The choices that you make
The circumstances that confront you
Inevitably lead to the consequences
Which are beyond my control.

What is my relevance to you?
All the feelings that bind me to you
And the theories that keep me away
These are but one and the same
As long as you persist in love.

What am I to you?

No comments: